Saturday, April 23, 2011

Today's freaking BRUTAL Workout....

I promised to blog about my brutal workout today, so here it goes.  The reason, I am blogging about it is because there is just too much to explain on Facebook.  First off, Tobe has been upping the intensity of my workouts, thus the reason it was brutal and destroyed me!  He had warned me yesterday that it would be brutal!  However, at the time I was doing my workout, I really really wanted to start singing the new Cee Lo Green song to him!! Trust me, that song fit perfectly!!  Now, I need to talk to Braxton and have him really start switching things up!  Because even though today's workout destroyed me, I really LIKED it.

First, he had me do squat popup type exercise.  What you do is, hold a bench press bar (weighs 40 pounds) in your hands, stand with legs shoulder width apart, pull bar up while going into a squat, then start coming up with the bar underneath you so that when you come all the way up, the bar is above your head, then lower bar down and start over.  This lasted for 45 seconds.  Repeat this for 4 sets.  On the last set, Tobe added an additional 10 pounds to the bar!

Second, he handed me 10 pounds weights for each hand.  Then he had me go into a deep squat, place the weights on the floor, you still are holding on to them, take your legs and pop back into a plank position.  Then pop back into the squat position and popping back up while pulling your arms up like your pumping air into a tire with a manual standing air pump.  Go back into a squat position, and repeat the pop back into a plank and into a squat, but this time when your coming up, lift arms into a lat. raise position.  This reminded me of some P90X stuff that I saw on one of their commercials! Let me tell you, this was NOT easy at all!! Tobe had me to repeat this 8 times for a set and do a total of 4 sets!  This one was a KILLER!!

Third, he had me take the bench press bar, put it up against the wall, hold the bar at the top, interlocking your hands.  While staying standing with feet shoulder length apart, pull bar down to one side, you MUST keep your arms straight and do not twist your body (your body will want to twist as your pulling the bar down towards your side.  Now, circle the bar to the other side. Keep going for 45 secs.  Repeat for 4 sets.

Finally, he had me do what he calls power squats.  Squat all the way down, grasp the bench press bar and bring the bar up as your coming out of your squat to standing position.  Your arms just stay straight, and the bar is still at waist level when you come up.  Keep going for 45 seconds and repeat for 4 sets!

Let me tell you, I was SO exhausted by the time I was done, I could not do cardio!! This was a FULL body workout!  It was a very BRUTAL workout and Tobe really did destroyed me today!  I felt GREAT after it was over though!  All I could keep thinking was, this is CRAZY because I would not have even been able to do the second exercise even 3 months ago, let alone a year ago!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you did do some stuff similar to P90X. And that's great because it causes muscle confusion which helps your body to burn continually. Keep up the good work and I love your blog! Hopefully one day my health will improve enough where I can start working out again too!

    ReplyDelete