Thursday, April 21, 2011

Struggles....

Well, today's post is about struggles and what helps to get through them.  This week, I have found myself struggling with my food choices. I'm not sure what is going on and that is frustrating!  I'm finding myself doing very well during the day, but after I get home from work, I'm not doing so well.  When I should be eating what I had planned for dinner, I'm not.  This is for sure getting me off track and it shows on the scale! I'm not gaining weight, but instead of my average of 2 pounds a week, it has been more like 1/2 a pound a week for the last 2 weeks.  This has me getting very frustrated and angry.  I guess maybe it is because before this week, I had lost 6 pounds in a week, but that was only because I was not eating all that much that week.  So, it could be that because I lost that much in one week, my body is now trying to adjust to that.  I don't know if that is reason or not, but I'm not happy about this at all!

However, there is NO excuse for getting off track with my food choices this week.  The only thing that I can do is start over today!  Food addiction, is just like a drug or alcohol addiction.  I do consider myself a food addict and I'm in recovery!  I have to take it one day at a time just like a drug or alcohol addict does.  Because of weeks like this, it makes you feel like you have relapsed and spiraled out of control again.

My best advise for these struggles, is to pull out the support system! This is what I'm going to have to do, to be able to get through the rest of this week!  Believe me, having a HUGE support system helps!  If you don't have a support system, the chances of success will decrease significantly. I have had to pull out the support system more than once!  I even had an emotional melt down in-front of  my previous trainer months back.  Which that was embarrassing, because I don't like to show weakness, and in my eyes, the melt down was a complete sign of weakness.   

No comments:

Post a Comment