Sunday, May 29, 2011

Totally finding out that I'm strong....

Today's workout was another brutal one.  Tobe and Braxton, the last two days have both destroyed me! I'm really sore after both of their brutal workouts the last two days! However, I really am liking them increasing the intensity of my workouts.  Tobe has been doing this for awhile, but Braxton has now started doing it, so this is a very good thing!

Here is today's workout:

Started with body squats, which Tobe just loves to make me do.  He then had me move to push-ups using the stepper board.  The stepper board he was having me use, was low enough to the ground that I was almost doing full blown military push-ups!  I was not doing modified push-ups! YAY me!  Then he had me do jumping jacks, another thing he loves to make me do.  We did each exercise for 30 seconds for a total of three sets.

Next,  he had me hold a 10 pound weight in my hand, while laying on the ground and then come up into standing position.  This has to be done with the weight being held in the air.  Then going back down to a laying position on the floor.  He had me do this four times for two sets.  This was not an easy task and it for sure makes you use most of the muscles in your body!  The reason he only had me do 2 sets of only four is because it does make you dizzy!

Next, he made me run sprints in the racket ball court.  He had me do a set of side shuffle sprints, then sprint forward and coming back backwards.  We did 3 sets of each and each sprint style lasting 30 seconds!  By the time I was done with this section of my workout, I looked at Tobe and said "Holy Hell!".  Of course, he just laughed and said "what can I say, I'm the destroyer"!

Then finally, he had me do sitting rows and switching to leg lifts while sitting on the row bench (leaning back a little and then moving your legs in and out).  You do each one for 30 seconds for 3 sets.

The coolest thing came while I was doing the push-ups! Tobe said "Wow! Look at you, you are basically doing a full military push-up! I know people that can lift 80 pounds all day long, but still can't do a military push-up. That is a sign of strength, and you should be VERY proud of yourself right now".  He is totally right, I am PROUD of myself and I am feeling stronger than I have in my entire life!  Another awesome thing that happened during my workout was the second section of exercises because I know that I would not have been able to do that even 6 months ago!  Tobe also said to me today "your starting to look skinny"! HaHa! Have to laugh at that one, I know that I am looking and feeling better, but not skinny yet! It was a great thing to hear from your trainer though!

No comments:

Post a Comment