Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Breaking a HUGE milestone...........

I have some really AMAZING news for everyone that has been following my weight-loss journey.  As you have been reading the last week I decided to stay away from ALL the foods that I'm allergic to.  This has been really difficult for me as I really am limited to just eating fresh fruits, vegetables, and meat.  Basically, I can not eat ANY processed foods at all because everything that is processed has at least one of the following ingredients: Dairy, Wheat, Corn or Yeast.  Yes, being allergic to these foods is horrible and very limiting on what I can consume.  However, I am starting to notice a huge difference and my body is responding positively to this change!

Even though this is embarrassing to tell the world this, but I now feel comfortable letting you all know because I REFUSE to go back to where I was just a year ago.  First of all, you all know how much weight I have lost, but what you don't know is where I started.  For someone that is as short as I am, my weight was becoming a major health risk.  I started this entire journey weighing in at 268 pounds and a size 24.  Yes, I WAS that big!  I can't believe that I ever allowed myself to become that heavy. The main thing is, I did something about it because I wanted my life back!

So now, here comes the AMAZING news!  Today when I weighed myself at the gym, I was extremely excited to find that I BROKE 200!!! This was even with my clothes on!  You have NO idea what this means to me.  This is a major deal for me right now because, I have not been under 200 for 16 years! Not only that, I found myself slipping back into my old habits for the last couple months.  It seemed to be a never ending battle of gaining and losing the same damn five or six pounds over and over for the last couple months!  If I didn't have to workout with Braxton today, I probably would have broken down in tears as I did feel them starting to come! Instead, I did a HAPPY dance! Then I walked out to the gym to start my training with Braxton with a HUGE smile on my face! He wanted to know what was up, so I told him.  His exact words were "Great Job Killer!! and I'm very proud of you!" Other trainers standing there heard this and "High Fives" were going all around.  

Needless to say, my confidence is really high right now! In the past, when I accomplished something I would celebrate with food.  SO not the case this time! I am going to celebrate by buying myself a new outfit!  I just can't help but say YAY ME!!!!

Not only do I feel like I have my life back, I now have confidence that I have not had in a VERY long time, I feel AMAZING, I'm stronger, I can do things now that I never thought I could do in a million years, and I really am liking my muscle definition that I have now!

1 comment:

  1. That is the most amazing news! Yes! definitely time for you to celebrate! I'm so proud of you. It has been a long journey but you are doing it!!!!

    ReplyDelete